Sunday, May 27, 2007

Cookbook

It's been another busy week. Most of he week I've spent at the Eagles, oh no! A few months ago, Doris, a friend of mine, asked if I wanted to be on a cookbook committee. Hell why not? It sounded like a good idea. Besides that, it would be a good project to work on to raise money for the Ladies Auxiliary.
About 10 years ago I joined the Eagles and they had just come out with a cookbook with favorite recipe's from the members. Well I never got one.
A lot of times we'll be sitting around the bar and it seems like we're always talking about food. It's always who makes the best such and such. Where the best this and that is. Then there's "Oh,man you gotta try this". You know how that goes,it always ends up being just talk. So Doris thought it would be cool if we had another cookbook out. She went to one of the Auxiliary meetings to see about getting the cookbook started,but nobody seemed to be interested in it. They said the last one didn't do too well.(not too many people go to the meetings) Doris brought the subject up again and ended up being in charge of getting it going. Then she asked me if I would help out with getting this thing together. You know the best time to ask me to volunteer for something is after I've had a few drinks in me. Which is how I got involved in this. She also got Weezy,who still has all recipes and programs on her computer from the last book,to help out too.
We have a box set out in the club for people to turn in their recipes and so far we have good response. Way more than we thought we would get and they're still turning them in. Hopefully we can have everything done so the books will be available around Christmas time.

No comments: