Friday, May 23, 2008

You Might Be a Dumb Ass If.....

Today started out like most days, I got up ,drank my coffee, got caught up the news and so my day began. Like most multi-taskers I usually manage doing several different things at once with no problem. Except for today. I had laundry going, I was doing dishes, sweeping the floor, watching a program on T.V., and in between all of that I would get on the computer to check stuff out. So you're thinking what's the big deal about that? OK I'll tell you. I looked out the back door at the humming bird feeder and figured I might as well make some fresh food for them.
I boiled the water, added the sugar and let it cool. A little later when I put in a couple drops of red food coloring it turned a rusty - yellowish color. Yuk! I thought maybe the pan I boiled the water in was dirty or something so I washed it out and made another batch. Now it was time to add the food coloring. What the f#%k!... It happened again. I know the food coloring hadn't gone bad, so I looked at the label on the bottle and it said Pure Vanilla Extract. Duhhhh! Well now I have batch number 3 made up and in the feeder. Now I'm just waiting for the humming birds to get here. I also put the vanilla extract far away from the red food coloring.

2 comments:

Chasteen News Updates said...

Hey, Gee now I remember why I buy my hummingbird food already pre-made. I could say ahhh anyone can make that mistake, but uhhhhh LOL.. Ok we are all entitled to a boo boo..Any word on convincing POP to buy a camper? LOL POP POP-UP CAMPER-Oh goodness it is late even my jokes are awful..LOL...oh chit I couldn't even type the word verification correctly...geez I guess I fit into the You might be a dumb ass if---- LOL

tingleyy said...

I've never heard of a humming bird drinking red food coloring? where did you learn that from?